WP1 Project management
Sergi Figuerola (I2CAT)
- Manage and coordinate
- The activities of the project
- The financial issues
- Technical issues.
- Reporting and planning
- T1.1 Project Planning (Start: M1, End: M1, Leader: i2CAT)
- T1.2 Work Progress Tracking (Start: M2, End: M30, Leader: i2CAT)
- T1.3 Project Results Evaluation (Start: M28, End: M30, Leader: i2CAT)
WP2 Dissemination, Exploitation, Standardisation and Liaisons
Victor Reijs (HEAnet)
- Stimulate dissemination of studies, results and evaluations reports about the deployment of IP Network as a Service at NRENs.
- Convince and mobilise the research community about the benefits which IP Networks as a Service could contribute to its investigations and research activities.
- T2.1 Dissemination (Start: M1, End: M30, Leader: i2CAT)
- T2.2 Exploitation (Start: M13, End: M30, Leader: HEAnet)
- T2.3 Contribution to standard bodies (Start: M6, End: M30, Leader: NORDUnet)
- T2.4 Liaisons with relevant research projects (Start: M5, End: M30, Leader: HEAnet)
WP3 Consolidating the User Community and User Training
Stefan Liström (NORDUnet)
- Extend the contacts with existing user organisations and
- To provide the necessary knowledge to users which it will permit to achieve their needs, while at the same time, it will consolidate and enlarge the user community
- Search for new NRENs that are willing to participate in the project for providing IP Networks as a Service on its e-infrastructure and offering them to the User Community.
- T3.1 Liaisons with new user groups, projects or research centres (Start: M2, End: M19, Leader NORDUnet)
- T3.2 Training Users (Start: M7, End: M9, Start: 19, End: M21 Leader i2CAT)
- T3.2.1 Training NRENs It will be necessary to run training courses for the NRENS.
- T3.2.2 Training UNI-C, TCD, and Advanced High Quality Media Services group
WP4 Software refinement
Pau Minoves (i2CAT)
- Software development
- Collect user requirements
- Improve the interface for the end users
- T4.1 Requirements Analysis (Start: M2, End: M5, Leader HEAnet)
- T4.2 Software development: tools integration and refinement (Start: M6, End: M30, Leader i2CAT)
WP5 IP Networks as a Service for Virtual Research Communities
Per Nihlén (NORDUnet)
- Deploy the improved Mantychore services into an operational environment, where NRENs have the software installed and offer this new type of service to the virtual research communities.
- Perform a study to analyse if it would be feasible to deploy Mantychore services in a commercial environment, taking into account technical as well as business parameters.
- T5.1 Deployment and operation of MANTYCHORE at NRENs (Start: M10, End M30, Leader NORDUnet)
- T5.2 Using MANTYCHORE services in virtual research communities (Start: M10, End: M30, Leader UNI-C)
WP6 Infrastructure Resources Marketplace
Reza Nejabati (UEssex)
- Study, design and simulation of the necessary algorithms for the implementation of the Mantychore marketplace mechanism.
- Implementation of the algorithm into Mantychore software
- T6.1 Infrastructure marketplace mechanisms study and simulation (Start: M2, End: M14, Leader UEssex).
- T6.2 Implementation of the marketplace prototype (Start: M15, End: M20, Leader i2CAT)
WP7 Zero-carbon emission virtual infrastructures
Andrew M. (HEAnet)
- Collaboration with GSN (GreenStar Network) project for the integration of its NREN infrastructures in its test-bed where GSN network is formed by a set of green nodes where each node is powered by sun, wind, etc.
- Benefits of the proposed User case studies are
- Analyse how it is possible to move services to computing or networking resources and why its situation and location can influence that choice.
- To collaborate to research and create cloud management algorithms making optimal use of the intermittently-available renewable energy sources
- These workflow and goals will be transparent for end users who will not see any difference and will not
- T7.1 Integration between Mantychore and GSN (Start: M7, End: M16, Leader NORDUnet)
- T7.2 Testing networks migration (Start: M17, End: M25, Leader HEAnet)